My friend recently broke up with her boyfriend of four years. The situation was quite complicated. His home town is far north and her hometown is here. They spent their time together in college until the inevitable day arrived. They're both back in their hometown and for some reason she loves him but can't stand not being able to be near him. It seems as though it's much easier to separate than be together in spirit and physically apart. It was my first time seeing a tear trickle down her face.
So it's probably about four months now. Apparently she's already dating. Where the hell is my date? I've been single for 3+ years. I feel embarrassed, self-pity and almost sad that I'm not dating much less in a relationship. I suppose however that it's not anyone's fault but perhaps fate. I might even be able to claim that my situation is complicated also.
She said in a playful way that she's a relationship whore because she likes being in relationships. She's my best friend so all I want for her is to be safe, happy and healthy. I'm happy for her but it's bittersweet because I feel sad for myself.
Sigh...
P.S. I can't find a thematic picture of how I'm feeling, because, I can't identify this emotion.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment